Job DescriptionLead Industrial Engineer
- To assist production by providing technical support.
- Lower the cost of production by eliminating wastes in both manpower and materials.
- Plan utilization of facilities, equipment, materials, and personnel to improve efficiency of operations by performing the following duties.
- The Industrial/Mechanical Engineer is a member of the Engineering department and reports to the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Study functional statements, organization charts, and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication.
- Establish work measurement programs and analyze work samples to develop standards for labor utilization.
- Analyze work force utilization, facility layout, and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts, and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of workers and equipment.
- Recommend methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities such as restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, relocating workstations and equipment, and purchase of equipment.
- Confer with management and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Manage the maintenance records of machines in regards to the preventable maintenance program.
- Develop management systems for cost analysis, financial planning, wage and salary administration, and job evaluation.
- Design/purchase production equipment and tools.
- Write and maintain standard work instructions (SWI’s).
- Review and improve packaging issues.
- Complete FMEA’s and process flows as required.
- Conduct time studies.
- Visualize different work station layouts.
- Handle parts, assemblies or packaging materials.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Follow ISO14001 and TS16949 procedures/processes.
- Participate in plant recycling programs.
- Assist in launch programs as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the achievement of quality/management objectives by optimizing design (of layouts, machines, etc…) to produce quality products.
Health and Safety:
- Be knowledgeable of all plant safety rules and ensure all employees perform their duties in compliance with the rules and regulations.
- Take every reasonable precaution for the protection of the employees.
- Insist that safe work procedures be established and the employees follow these procedures and apply good judgment to the hazardous aspects of all tasks.
- Participate in regular tours of the plant to observe health and safety conditions and provide positive reinforcement and instruction.
- Ensure that prompt corrective action is taken whenever hazards are recognized or unsafe acts are observed.
- Take part in the employee participation system and support other employees in their assigned roles under the health and safety program.
- Report all accidents, unsafe conditions and acts to your supervisor immediately.
- Consider your job tasks effectively performed only if done safely.
- Actively participate in the health and safety program.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformances related to product, process and quality systems.
- Identify and record any problems related to the product, process and quality system.
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Verify implementation of solutions.
- Control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- Possess the ability to supervise plant maintenance personnel during vacation and absence periods of Engineering Manager.
- Also, supervision of construction and/or contractor crews during capital or other facility projects.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Bachelor of Science in Engineering (B.S.E.); two plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with computer drafting software (AutoCAD).